Privacy Law Compliance Training + Bonus Programs
Privacy Law Compliance Training – How to Stay Out of Trouble with HIPAA and Other Privacy Laws Even If You Don’t Handle Medical Records (1.5 Ethics CLE)
We will cover:
- The many ways sensitive data can be breached during the life cycle of information – on paper, electronically or orally – and what practices expose a law firm to breaches.
- Learn the best practices – of administrative, physical and technical safeguards to use to prevent breaches of personal information. Also learn about information destruction in many forms.
- Learn how the SAGs of each state are now policing violations, and what authority they have been giving to levy fines. Also learn how whistle blowers are cashing in on alerting SAGs about violators!
- Putting Document Review on Steroids (1.0 CLE Non Substantive)
- How technology aided review (TAR) is used by review teams.
- Learn about latent semantic indexing and how it works.
- Learn how technology helps reviewers prioritize by grouping files
- How to Build a Wall Around Your Clients With Relationship Marketing (1.0 CLE Non Substantive)
- How to Compete with Other Law Firms for the Same Clients – Hint: It’s not always about price
- How to Manage Referrals and Keep Getting Them
- Systemizing and Creating a Streamlined Process to Easily Manage Relationship Marketing
- How to Create a Paperless Law Office (1.0 CLE Non Substantive)
- Considerations involved in doing a conversion of paper files to digital
- How to create a system to organize and name files so they can be found later
- How to create a paperless process to stop generating new paper.
- Data Security – How to store, use, and share digital information without violating privacy laws or compromising you clients’ sensitive information.
- Embracing it all to improve efficiency and save your firm and your clients’ money.
Andy Sokol has been supporting paralegals for over 20 years. As the son of an attorney and a paralegal, being in litigation support seemed to be a natural fit for him.
Andy started his own company, CopyScan, in 1995. CopyScan has been through a lot of changes in almost 20 years of business. Starting as a copy shop, they quickly moved to scanning and then added audio/video, trial exhibits, and x-ray duplication and scanning. In the last several years, electronic discovery and data hosting are services that were added.
The changes in technology have brought challenges, especially with a changing regulatory landscape. Because shredding is a highly regulated business, Andy has learned about compliance and document management. Andy operates the only litigation support company in Florida that has a shredding sister company. With all the changes in privacy laws, and especially HIPAA and HITECH, Andy has been a resource to his customers to help keep them compliant with the continuously changing requirements so that they avoid fines.
Andy has the distinction of having the only litigation support company is the State of Florida that has achieved Privacy Plus certification from PRISM, the Global Trade Association for Record and Information Management. Because he has been through very stringent audits, he has created procedures and training for his own companies, and now helps others be compliant using good practices, policies, and training.
Andy and his business partner offer many education programs in their service to law firms.
Since 1997, Legal Search Solutions has offered customized legal staffing solutions to law firms of all sizes, businesses and corporate legal departments, non-profits, and associations. We offer direct-hire, temp to hire, and contract placement of legal personnel, including paralegals, legal secretaries and legal support staff.
Over the years, Legal Search Solutions built a solid reputation first in South Florida and then throughout the State’s legal and corporate communities for providing a level of service not typical of the standard placement firm. A personalized, honest, and professional approach became our signature. Based on our successful business model and our experience and expertise, we have expanded our company to serve law firms and corporate legal departments throughout the Southeastern United States.
Legal Search Solutions stays a step ahead through observation, research, and evaluation of the legal placement, and vertical markets. At Legal Search Solutions, we also recognize that a legal staffing firm is only as good as the team of professionals behind it. Thus we’ve assembled a dynamic group of individuals from both the legal and staffing industries. It is this unique collaboration between legal and staffing professionals that enables Legal Search Solutions to effectively find the perfect fit for both candidates and clients alike.
This exclusive event is proudly sponsored by the great folks at Burke Investigative Process Service. For over 20 years, the Burke Team has been dedicated to providing the utmost in professional service of legal process. Their support staff is on duty Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM to personally respond to all your needs in the service of your process. You won’t get a busy signal. When you call you them you will get them, in person! The Burke Team provides their clients the ultimate in professional services to expedite the filing and service of their process. Burke will schedule courier pickups at your firm, filing and/or drop-off at the Broward, Dade and Palm Beach County and Circuit Courts and delivery for service preparation at our office. They then expeditiously get your papers into the servers’ hands, whether they are in County, in State or elsewhere in the country, for fast, accurate and professional service.
Please contact them at 954-514-0116 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and give them the opportunity to show you the “Burke Difference”!